Sunday, November 15, 2015

¿Direcciones por favor? By Grace Regan

I love being in Spain. The other day on our way to the Picasso Museum, we had some trusty navigators, but I figured there had to be someone who knew a little better. So as we passed I  went up to a Spanish police officer and said, "¿Donde esta el museo de Picasso?" Perfect chance to practice my Spanish skills! Precisely what I was training for since 7th grade. The officer replied understanding perfectly. I was able to interpret his directions to straight seven blocks and the it's right to the right. "Don't worry everyone I know how to get there!" Gracias oficial de policia.
What inspired me the most was the passion behind Tawakkol Karman's speeches. Everything she said, she was so sure of and ready to fight for. Mrs. Karman was truly someone to aspire to.

No comments:

Post a Comment