Sunday, November 15, 2015

Betty Williams By Karlee North

On Friday November 13th, I met Betty Williams. She is one of the strongest women in the world. She's dedicated her life to truly making the world a better place. She told us gruesome stories about children in developing countries who had been abused. She also told us remarkable stories about children she had saved. I am astounded by this woman. She has changed so many lives and helped so many children. She is a true hero. At her workshop on Friday we were able to take a group photo. I was also able to hug her. I hugged Betty Williams. I hugged a hero. The thing that inspires me the most about Betty is the fact that she will and never give up on the suffering children that live in our world. She will be the voice of the children who have none. She will fight for peace until she no longer can, and thats what I love the most about her. "You don't break a promise to a child.", Betty said. And she will never break her promise to help suffering children.

No comments:

Post a Comment