Monday, November 2, 2015

A First Time International Traveler

     This trip to Barcelona, Spain will be full of firsts for me.  I have never travelled abroad before and also have never been on a plane for more than a few hours.  I have flown back and forth from Chicago a few times, which is a very short and easy flight. Flying over the ocean for almost eight hours will be an entirely new experience for me. 
     This being said I have never been to Spain before.  I am excited to go to see all of the beautiful sites, visit the most famous places, and eat the best foods.  We have been researching all of these things for months, and I am excited to experience these things in person.  I am especially interested in walking through the streets of Barcelona, and eating all of their delicious foods.
     I am most excited to attend the World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates.  This conference will allow me to hear, and possibly meet inspirational people from all over the world speak about life-changing topics. Hearing these people speak will be inspirational to me as I explore possible career options in the future.  Experiencing these things with my friends will make the trip even better.
     I have been counting down the days for this trip for months, and can`t believe it is just one short  week away.  As I am making last minute preparations and brushing up on my Spanish, I am finally realizing how great of an experience this trip will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment